Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

(RESOLVED) adding external array with new dimension in WRF

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

cicicsx

Hello
I have encountered prolems in the compile procedure when adding external array with new dimension to the Registry file and other physical modules.
Here are the screenshots of the modifications I have made in the registry.dimspec and Registry.EM_COMMON and errors.
I will appreciate with your helps!!!
cici

Attachments

• error.png
    error.png
    173.5 KB · Views: 734
  • error2.png
    error2.png
    168.5 KB · Views: 734
  • Registry.png
    Registry.png
    10.5 KB · Views: 735
  • registry1.png
    registry1.png
    6.5 KB · Views: 735
I've moved this topic into the "WRF Code Modification" section, since it concerns WRF rather than MPAS-Atmosphere.

Hi Cici,
I first would like to apologize for the delay in response. I've been out of the office much over the last couple of weeks.

It's difficult for me to see the errors you've posted here. Instead, can you attach the full log file with the error messages, along with the modified files? Please also let me know which version of WRF you're modifying. Thanks!

Hello, kwerner :
Sorry for the delay!
I have made the following changes and it works now!
1.dimension "c"->"z"
2.the new dimension in module_wps_io_arw.F is "2"
I use the version of WRF-4.2.

Attachments

• dimpesc.png
    dimpesc.png
    4.9 KB · Views: 603
  • module_wps_io.png
    module_wps_io.png
    12.7 KB · Views: 603
  • read_sf.png
    read_sf.png