Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Error due to pio1.f90 and pio2.f90

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

I have installed libraries mpich 3.3.1, zlib-1.2.11, hdf5-1.10.5, netcdf-c-4.7.0, netcdf-fortran-4.4.5, pnetcdf-1.11.12, openmpi-4.0.1 and PIO 2.5.3. The libraries were installed without error. During the compilation of MPAS-A-v7, I get the following error.
gfortran: error: pio1.f90: No such file or directory
ar: `u' modifier ignored since `D' is the default (see `U')
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/subrat/Documents/MPAS_HAritha/LIBRARIES/MPAS-Model-7.0/src/external/esmf_time_f90'
( cd ezxml; make )
gfortran: error: pio2.f90: No such file or directory
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/subrat/Documents/MPAS_HAritha/LIBRARIES/MPAS-Model-7.0/src/external/ezxml'
rm -f *.o *.i

Also, inspite of using USE_PIO2=true, 'make' says "PIO 1 detected"

View attachment make-error.odt

Sorry for the late reply. I tried setting the environment variables manually, but the error remains. The make check of all libraries said all tests passed. I even tried older versions of PIO, but I get the same error every time.
Thank you

Could you say exactly which environment variables you've set (the variables as well as their values)?

Hello, I am having exactly the same issue, I am writing it here so I can get assistance and it also might help someone in the future:

I adapted and Duda's script for installation and wrote a bashrc.opt-mpas file, for exporting the required variables. I run it using "source basic.opt-mpas" and it contains:

export LIBBASE=/p1-nemo/danilocs/mpas/mpas-libs-gnu8.3.0
export PATH=${LIBBASE}/bin:$PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${LIBBASE}/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export PNETCDF=${LIBBASE}
export NETCDF=${LIBBASE}
export PIO=$LIBBASE
export MPAS_EXTERNAL_LIBS="-L${LIBBASE}/lib -lhdf5_hl -lhdf5 -ldl -lz"
export MPAS_EXTERNAL_INCLUDES="-I${LIBBASE}/include"

Is there something that I am missing here?

Thank you!