Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Looking for information about pio1.f90 and pio2.f90?

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

jokervtv

Dear Sir,

I want to know which part of MPAS requires this file (pio1.f90 or pio2.f90)? I always fail and get the error message: "gfortran: error: pio1.f90: No such file or directory".

And the file (pio1.f90 or pio2.f90) was created by PIO? I don't seem to have it. When I successfully installed PIO1 or PIO2 (make did not produce any errors), there was no such file(pio1.f90 or pio2.f90) in include or lib.

PS: I use Ubuntu 20.04, the gcc is 9.3.0.

Thank you for reading.

pio1.f90 and pio2.f90 are files that are temporary created by the top-level MPAS Makefile and are used to determine which PIO version the user has installed. We added this check in the makefile to ensure the user correctly specified the USE_PIO2 in their make command. Before version 7.0 if the user incorrectly specified USE_PIO2, there was not a helpful error message for telling the user that they should specify USE_PIO2=true.

The error that you are getting now most likely represents an error with the installation of libraries or the linking/including of these libraries. If you could provide a textfile of your log, that can help us determine why this error is occurring.