Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

MPAS-Data

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

yuyangyang0709

I want to install MPAS-v7.0. But when I want to compile MPAS use the command:

"make gfortran CORE=atmosphere USE_PIO2=true PRECISION=single"

The error message shows:

"Existing WRF physics tables appear to be incompatible with MPAS v7.0; attempting to download compatible tables".

The MPAS-DATA in github seems that it's only applicable to versions below 4.0. How can I find MPAS-DATA for version 7.0?

I would appreciate it if you could reply me.
Thank you.

The checkout_data_files.sh script that is run at build time (and that is printing the message "Existing WRF physics tables ...") should automatically download the correct look-up tables for the physics schemes in MPAS v7.0. As of the MPAS v7.0 release, the correct tables are found in commits to the MPAS-Data repository identified by tags, e.g., v7.0 for MPAS v7.0.

Again, though, the script should automatically download updated physics look-up tables. After the message "Existing WRF physics tables ..." is printed, is the script failing?