Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

MPAS Make Error

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

hychen

Hi all,
I've been trying to build MPAS libralies following the post:
https://github.com/MPAS-Dev/MPAS-Model/issues/24
The libralies versions that I use are:
mpich-3.3.1
zlib-1.2.11
hdf5-1.10.5
pnetcdf-1.11.2
netcdf-c-4.4.1.1
netcdf-fortran-4.4.5
pio-2.4.4

The installation script attached is slight modification to duda's script:
https://www2.mmm.ucar.edu/people/duda/files/mpas/sources/

When I try to install MPAS model through the command
make ifort CORE=ocean USE_PIO2=true >&mpas.log
It errors.
Code:
./libframework.a(mpas_io.o): In function `mpas_io_mp_mpas_io_init_':
/home/chy/Documents/models/MPAS-Model/src/framework/mpas_io.F:154: undefined reference to `piolib_mod_mp_seterrorhandlingiosystem_'
/home/chy/Documents/models/MPAS-Model/src/framework/mpas_io.F:144: undefined reference to `piolib_mod_mp_init_intracom_'
make[2]: *** [mpas] Error 1
make[1]: *** [mpas_main] Error 2
make: *** [ifort] Error 2]

It seems to be a link problem with my piolib but I can't tell the reason, nor can I find any subroutine named `piolib_mod_mp_init_intracom_'.

Please help me solve it.Thanks in advance!

Haiyun

Attachments

• iolib_installation.txt
    4 KB · Views: 82
  • mpas.log
    60.6 KB · Views: 73
Alright I think I figure it out.

The problem is that the paths of those environment variables are not set correctly.

I just thought they would be automatically exported when installation done, which was not the case.

After mannually exporting the environment variables' paths, The MPAS model compilation comletes!

Regards,
Haiyun

Thanks for posting an update, and I'm glad to hear you were able to get MPAS compiled successfully!