Run with different microphysics

All inquiries regarding WRF-Solar® and MAD-WRF"

Moderator: NCAR/SOLAR

yernisrinivasnekkali

Run with different microphysics

Post by yernisrinivasnekkali » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:17 am

Dear all,
The WRF-Solar is an excellent initiation to get important radiation variables. Actually, I needed to simulate these Radiation variables with different microphysical options except the MP=8 and 28 (with aer_opt=1 and remaining all like reference configuration). Is it reasonable?
Thank you.

Srinivas.

jimenez

Re: Run with different microphysics

Post by jimenez » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:49 pm

Srinivas,
Yes, testing sensitivities to the microphysics representation is reasonable.
Pedro.

yernisrinivasnekkali

Post by yernisrinivasnekkali » Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:35 am

Thank you for your quick response. I have another doubt, suppose, Running the model with reference configuration (i.e MP Phy=8, 28) in cloudy condition and compare these results with the remaining microphysics options (raining all configuration is same). Is it good? why I am asking, actually, Thompson is aerosols aware physics, and the remaining are not. Please suggest, the disparity in results is mainly due to aerosols or microphysical properties? I have a little bit of confusion. Please help me.

And also, I was run the model with reference configuration. But, in the output, radiation parameters data showing null value at sometimes (some time steps like attached figures) but remaining all data is good. Why it's happened? Please suggest to me.

Thank you.
Attachments
6h_dfi.png
15h_dfi.png
24h_dfi.png
Last edited by yernisrinivasnekkali on Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

jimenez

Post by jimenez » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:34 pm

for mp 8 you can set aer_opt = 1 but for mp 28 you can use aer_opt =3. Other microphysics should be compatible with aer_opt = 1.
The largest differences should come from the microphysics.
The diffuse should be zero during nighttime.

Return to “WRF-Solar® General”