Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

create_region runtime error

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

wrfpup

Hi -
I am not quite sure how to get past this. I had been running the python script create_region just fine. Then, to keep things updated, I had re-built my netcdf-c and netcdf-fortran libs and header files as well has rebuilds of MPICH, Parallel IO, and Parallel netCDF. Anyway, as a result of this, create_region is erroring out with:"from ._netCDF4 import *: libnetcdf.so.18: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory". Indeed, I no longer have this file in my NETCDF dir. I now have libnetcdf.so.19. Is there a way to point/or re-build netCDF4 so it looks for libnetcdf.so.19 instead of libnetcdf.so.18?

Thanks for any pointers on this.

--Steve

This requires a very big apology! Since I've been jumping between projects and do not spend a ton of time in the python world, I finally realized I was trying to run "create_region" by itself, rather than running it via "python3 create_region". The former gives me the libnetcdf.so.18 error, the latter of course is what is intended. Again, sorry, for taking up bandwidth/anyone's time with this question.