Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Bootstrapping framework with mesh fields from input file 'restart

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

zmenzo

Hello,

I am using the 60-3km mesh for a simulation. I have the convection physics scheme applied and have successfully run with 55 but not 75 vertical levels. I had (io_type="pnetcdf,cdf5") included in both my streams/streams.init files. With 75 levels, I can get the model to run through the first restart file (-rw-r--r-- 1 zmenzo ncar 1173226472 Apr 1 00:41 restart.2017-02-02_00.00.00.nc), but when I try to use it, the model crashes, and I'm not sure how to proceed. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your continual assistance,
Zach

Attachments

• log.atmosphere.0000.out.txt
    1.6 KB · Views: 38
  • log.atmosphere.0010.err.txt
    390 bytes · Views: 40
  • namelist.atmosphere.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 40
  • namelist.init_atmosphere.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 34
  • streams.atmosphere.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 42
  • streams.init_atmosphere.txt
    975 bytes · Views: 34
  • Submission.txt
    439 bytes · Views: 36
  • pwd.png
    pwd.png
    556.5 KB · Views: 829
Hi Zmenzo, apologies about the slow reply on this. Does the restart file look corrupted at all? i.e. can you view it using convert_mpas and ncview or use ncdump -h on it?