Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

ERROR: Error opening initial meteorological data file fnl:2015-07-27_00

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

Hi MPAS-support team,
I got the error when running the initial atmosphere MPAS model. The error is described in the below:
Code:
ERROR: ********************************************************************************
ERROR: Error opening initial meteorological data file fnl:2015-07-27_00
CRITICAL ERROR: ********************************************************************************

-----------------------------------------
 Total log messages printed:
    Output messages =                  206
    Warning messages =                  40
    Error messages =                     2
    Critical error messages =            1
 -----------------------------------------
 Logging complete.  Closing file at 2021/04/06 15:19:31
And the detail of this error is displayed in the log files which I attach in the below.
Please help me to resolve this problem.
Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Attachments

• log.init_atmosphere.0000.err.txt
    563 bytes · Views: 34
  • log.init_atmosphere.0000.out.txt
    8.8 KB · Views: 36
  • namelist.init_atmosphere.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 38
  • streams.init_atmosphere.txt
    706 bytes · Views: 34
This error can be caused simply if the met file you provided (fnl:2015-07-27_00) cannot be read. For instance, if it didn't exist or it does not contain the correct permissions.

Do you want to confirm that the met file is in the same directory that you plan the run the init_atmosphere executable? And that is has the correct permissions for reading?

Hi mcurry,
According your reply, I think the problem come from my met file. In my case, I used directly the FNL data with grib2 format so model couldn't read it.
After I used WRF-WPS to link the original data then model can run successfully.
Thank you very much!