Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Creating a SCRIP file from MPAS mesh

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

zmenzo

Hello,

I am trying to run a CESM2 simulation in order to obtain the data required for my MPAS-simulations and need the weight file to interpolate the native ocean grid to the atmosphere. However, I cannot find the necessary file and have been told that I may instead need a 'scrip file' (spelling?) to create my own weight file.

Any thoughts, leads, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated,

Zach

You can create a SCRIP (Spherical Coordinate Remapping and Interpolation Package) file for any MPAS-Atmosphere mesh using the mpas2esmf tool that is available from the MPAS-Tools GitHub repository. How to do the same for the ocean mesh would probably be outside the scope of what we're able to support here, but it may be possible that the CESM input data repository already provides SCRIP files for supported meshes.