Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Error in compiling WRFPLUS (WRFDA 4.3)

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

Feng Liu

Hello,
I failed to compile WRFPLUS according to instruction in UserGuide.

./configure wrfplus
./compile wrfplus

The first error message is

make[3]: [module_cu_gf_deep.o] Error 127 (ignored).

Please see attached compile log file attached. Looking forward to ideas and solutions to the problem.
View attachment compile_wrfplus.log

Thank you

pgf90 TERMINATED by signal 11

In attached compile log file you may find another error message like "pgf90-Fatal-/data/pgi/linux86-64-llvm/19.3/bin/pgf902-llvm TERMINATED by signal 11" before "make[3]: [module_cu_gf_deep.o] Error 127 (ignored)" Thanks for help.
-r8 -i4 module_cu_ksas.f90
0 inform, 1 warnings, 0 severes, 0 fatal for cup_gf
0 inform, 1 warnings, 0 severes, 0 fatal for nsas2d
pgf90-Fatal-/data/pgi/linux86-64-llvm/19.3/bin/pgf902-llvm TERMINATED by signal 11

Hello All,
I have yet to get any response to this issue for more than 3 months. I am still struggling with it.
I tried to to use ./configure -D wrfplus and compiled WRFPLUS successfully. However, I failed to run WRFDA/4DVAR, please see another post '4DVAR crashed with core dump' even though I obtained the WRFPLUS executable (named wrfplus.exe).

https://forum.mmm.ucar.edu/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10713

My questions are

1) Why ./configure -D wrfplus works but ./configure wrfplus does not?

2) Is WRFDA/4DVAR crash related to WRFPLUS?

Thank you very much for any ideas and solutions.