Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

WRFDA compile failure on linux server with PGI compiler.

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

hliudd

Hi all,
I am having this issue when building the WRFDA from v4.3 source files.
NVFORTRAN-F-0004-Corrupt or Old Module file ./type_kinds.mod (NESDIS_ATMS_SeaICE_LIB.f90: 60)
NVFORTRAN/x86-64 Linux 21.5-0: compilation aborted
make[2]: [makefile:32: NESDIS_ATMS_SeaICE_LIB.o] Error 2 (ignored)
pgf90 -c -O3 -w -Mfree -byteswapio Compare_Float_Numbers.f90
pgf90 -c -O3 -w -Mfree -byteswapio Endian_Utility.f90
x=`echo "pgf90" | awk '{print $1}'` ; export x ; \
if [ $x = "pgf90" ] ; then \
pgf90 -c -O3 -w -Mfree -byteswapio -tp=px Sort_Utility.f90 ; \
else \
pgf90 -c -O3 -w -Mfree -byteswapio Sort_Utility.f90 ; \
fi

Attached is my configure.wrf and the compile.log file. Any suggestion is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• compile.log
    515.4 KB · Views: 44
  • configure.wrf
    20.3 KB · Views: 43
Hi, hliudd,

1. setenv WRFPLUS_DIR YOUR WRFPLUS PATH;
2. compile WRFPLUS successfully;
3. compile WRFDA;
because I do not see WRFPLUSPATH = in your configure.wrf

Try to use Compiler choice: 28 with pgcc ( c compiler) if you fail in step 3 above.
because you used Compiler choice: 3 with SCC = gcc

I hope this helps.

Hi Maricopa,
Thanks for your support. I tried to use configure option 28 and the WRFDA 3DVAR is successfully compiled. However, when I am trying to assimilate the radiance data from Himawari-8, which is in netcdf format. The da_wrfvar.exe returns error message saying './da_wrfvar.exe: symbol lookup error: ./da_wrfvar.exe: undefined symbol: netcdf_nf90_open_' . Do you have any suggestions on this issue.
Thanks in advance.