Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

error reading RRTMG_LW_DATA

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

Feng Liu

Hi,
I am running WRFDA v4.1.2 4DVAR. I have the following error message when conduct da_wrfvar.exe. I could not find the reason and fix it even I used high debug_level in the namelist.input. I shall really appreciate if someone can help me to fix it.

-------------- FATAL CALLED ---------------
FATAL CALLED FROM FILE: <stdin> LINE: 12932
module_ra_rrtmg_lw: error reading RRTMG_LW_DATA on unit 10
-------------------------------------------

Hi,
Have anyone been able to find a solution to this problem? I get a similar error when using WRFDA 4DVAR with RRTMG-K radiation option.

Hi everyone,
I have found the solution to this problem. In general, you need to link RRTM_DATA_DBL as RRTM_DATA (and similarly RRTMG_LW_DATA and RRTMG_SW_DATA) for WRFDA 4dVar to work with RRTM radiance physics.

Please see my issue on GitHub for more details: https://github.com/wrf-model/WRF/issues/1414

Hello Quba,

Yes, it works. But I am wondering what is reason for replacing RRTM_DATA with RRTM_DATA_DBL. WRF actually provides RRTM_DATA. I noticed that original RRTM_DATA_DBL and RRTM_DATA are different, at least the size of the two files are different.

So I am still wondering why even though it works.

Thanks.