Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Error when converting synop to littleR file with obsproc.exe

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

fecite

I am converting synop observations to littleR, and set my namelist.obsprocView attachment namelist.obsproc.txt.
But I found that only observations at the analysis time(2017-11-01_12:00:00) was processed, not all the observations in the time window of 6 hours around the analysis time. This puzzled me.
As show in the file View attachment obs_duplicate_time.diag_2017-11-01_12_00_00.txt, A large amount of observations are considerd as duplicated and removed.
SO anybody could point out my error in the namelist.obsproc, or the understanding of obsproc.exe program.
Thanks in advance!

&record9
use_for = '3DVAR' ! 'FGAT', '4DVAR'

WRFDA/obsproc keeps only one observation closest to the analysis time from a fixed station in non-4DVAR mode.