Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Observations out of domain

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

skew_t_pie

Hi all,

I am trying to assimilate pseudo airrep obs into WRFDA to cycle with previous WRF output. I have the domain set up just as my initial model run in both the namelist.input.3dvar and namelist.obsproc.3dvar files, and the obs I created reflect that. I also set up the time window to include the time these observations are said to have been taken. Yet, all the reports read in by obsproc.exe are rejected for being out of the spatial/temporal domain. Is there anything missing in these files that I need to include? I've set bogus to ".true." and ".false." and yields the same results. If I had to guess, it's how I've written the text file in little-r format, but it looks fine with my eyes. The time stamps are within the window setting and the lat/lons are near the grid center and within the domain/range of the initial WRF run. I've attached the files below.

Thanks.

Attachments

• pseudo_obs_2020081400.f012.txt
    10.5 MB · Views: 71
  • namelist.obsproc.txt
    2.5 KB · Views: 73
  • namelist.input
    7.1 KB · Views: 78
  • obsproc.log
    4.2 KB · Views: 68