Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Error: WPS code does not succesfully compiled

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

peeyush174

Hi
I have succesfully compiled WRF for real case by using GNU compiler but getting error in configuring the WPS.
After untar the file WPS-4.2 I run ./clean and then ./configure command , this give me error

Error: The $WRF_DIR environment variable was set, but the WRF code at
/run/media/mss/1/Build_WRF/WRF/WRF-4.2.2/main/wrf.exe:/run/media/mss/1/Build_WRF/WRF/WRF-4.2.2: doesn't appear to have been successfully compiled

I have not found configure.wps file I think it will generate after the successful run. of ./configure command.

Hi,
I'd like to apologize for the delay in response. It seems my email notification for this post must have gotten deleted. I'm very sorry and thank you for your patience. You are correct, that you will not get a configure file until it is successful. The error is complaining about the environment variable $WRF_DIR. It looks like you have location of WRF entered twice. Try to reset that variable to just:

export WRF_DIR=/run/media/mss/1/Build_WRF/WRF/WRF-4.2.2

if that is where your WRF directory is. And then try again.