Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

(RESOLVED) WPS compiling terminates without error message

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

paganelle76

Hello,

To install WRF/WPS I followed https://www2.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/OnLineTutorial/compilation_tutorial.php
I've successfully installed all needed libraries and compiled WRF, but the compiling of WPS terminates without any warning in exactly the same place (see the log file attached).

The only one significant difference from the tutorial is that I'm installing WRF/WPS on Oracle Virtual Machine. Could it cause this problem?

Attachments

• log.compile
    90.1 KB · Views: 44
Hi,
This actually looks like it completed without errors. Do you not have the ungrib.exe, metgrid.exe, and geogrid.exe executables in your WPS directory?

Hello!

Yes, it looks like this was false alarm. I have not got a "successful" message like I've got after the compiling WRF and this made me confused.
Thank you for your time and answer.