Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

(RESOLVED) No ungrib: cannot open source file "jasper/jasper.h"

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

A

Anonymous

hi
i am trying to compile WPS (serial for ifort), after the successful compilation of em_real case
here is the compile.log file attached give below .
if any one faces the same problem please respond.

Attachments

• compile.log
    97.3 KB · Views: 90
Hi,

It looks like the compiler is having trouble finding the jasper.h library. Did you install the jasper library? If so, in your configure.wps file, are you pointing to the correct place? It should follow this format:
Code:
COMPRESSION_LIBS    = -L/opt/local/lib -ljasper -lpng -lz
COMPRESSION_INC     = -I/opt/local/include

If you are still having troubles, please attach a copy of your configure.wps file.

By the way, I am moving this post to the WPS compiling section of the forum, as this is a WPS compile problem.

i am also facing the same problem the path provided for compression_inc was correct but still unable to find jasper.h during compilation

COMPRESSION_LIBS = -L/usr/local/SOFTWRF/lib -ljasper -lpng -lz
COMPRESSION_INC = -I/usr/local/SOFTWRF/include/jasper

Hi,

Your COMPRESSION_INC line should not have 'jasper' in the setting. You should change it from:
Code:
COMPRESSION_INC = -I/usr/local/SOFTWRF/include/jasper
to
Code:
COMPRESSION_INC = -I/usr/local/SOFTWRF/include

If that doesn't work, then can you please issue the following command:
Code:
ls -ls /usr/local/SOFTWARE/include/jasper >& jasper.txt

Then please attach that jasper.txt file, along with your configure.wps file and your compile log.

Thanks!

This problem was solved here: http://forum.mmm.ucar.edu/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=5306