Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Error: Symbol 'ungrib' at (1) must be a NAMELIST group name

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

adriana

Dear all,

I could successfully compile WRF, and then tried to compile WPS, but at the end of compilation, there was no ungrib.exe. The error I got is as below:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Error: NAMELIST attribute conflicts with ALLOCATABLE attribute in 'new_plvl' at (1)
read_namelist.f90:241.20:

read(10,NML=ungrib,END=100)
Error: Symbol 'ungrib' at (1) must be a NAMELIST group name
make[1]: [read_namelist.o] Error 1 (ignored)
/bin/rm -f cio.o
gcc -D_UNDERSCORE -DBYTESWAP -DLINUX -DIO_NETCDF -DBIT32 -DNO_SIGNAL -D_UNGRIB -c cio.c
cio.c:24:16: warning: return type defaults to ‘int’ [-Wimplicit-int]
#define c_open c_open_
^~~~~~~
cio.c:52:1: note: in expansion of macro ‘c_open’
c_open(unit, nunit, name, mode, err, oflag)
^~~~~~
cio.c:27:17: warning: return type defaults to ‘int’ [-Wimplicit-int]
#define bn_seek bn_seek_
^~~~~~~~
cio.c:117:1: note: in expansion of macro ‘bn_seek’
bn_seek(fd, bread, mode, iprint)
^~~~~~~
cio.c:26:17: warning: return type defaults to ‘int’ [-Wimplicit-int]
#define bn_read bn_read_
^~~~~~~~
cio.c:155:1: note: in expansion of macro ‘bn_read’
bn_read(fd, buf, nbuf, bread, ios, idiag)
^~~~~~~
cio.c:201:1: warning: return type defaults to ‘int’ [-Wimplicit-int]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am so new to WRF and Linux. What are the problems? May I ask you please kindly guide me on how to address this issue?
Many thank in advance,

This inquiry has been moved to the compiling section for WPS. Someone will respond to your inquiry soon.

Adriana,
Please upload your configure.wrf, configure.wps and the complete log file of WPS compilation for me to take a look.
By the way, which version of WRF/WPS are you working on?

Please take a look at the website here:
https://www2.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/users/wpsv3.9/known-prob-3.9.html