Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

(RESOLVED) No WPS executables: /bin/csh: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

ggp17mkm

I have successfully compiled WRFV4.0 on my uni's HPC. However the WPS compilation doesn't generate any executables, neither does it generate any error. After the command ./compile >& log.compile basically nothing happens. And ls -ls *.exe generates an error: ls: cannot access *.exe: No such file or directory

I am using linux for the first time so simple explanations would be really appreciated. Thanks.
Have attached the relevant files.

Attachments

• configure.wrf
    20.2 KB · Views: 56
  • configure.wps
    3.6 KB · Views: 55
  • log.compile
    71 bytes · Views: 129
Hi,
I see that your error is:
Code:
-bash: ./compile: /bin/csh: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
The WPS compile script has the heading
Code:
#!/bin/csh -f
meaning that you need csh installed, and you likely don't have that installed. Try something like:
Code:
sudo apt-get install csh
You may need to talk to your systems administrator at your institution to get the correct command if that doesn't work.