Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

(RESOLVED) Ungrib not compiled: catastrophic error: cannot open source file "jasper/jasper.h"

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

Shi2018

Hello everyone,

While compiling WPS, I came across the problem of not being able to generate ungrib.exe. However, the geogrid.exe and metgrid.exe were indeed generated:
lrwxrwxrwx 1 xfh xfh 23 Jun 2 23:25 geogrid.exe -> geogrid/src/geogrid.exe*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 xfh xfh 23 Jun 2 23:26 metgrid.exe -> metgrid/src/metgrid.exe*

I'm wondering if it's because I didn't set some paths for the ungrib libraries correctly, because I only changed the COMPRESSION_LIBS and COMPRESSION_INC in my configure.wps. Does this lead to errors?

The attachments give the output log while compiling WPS and the configure.wps.

Appreciate any help!

Attachments

• configure.wps.txt
    4.3 KB · Views: 57
  • log.compile.txt
    105 KB · Views: 56
Hi,
In the configure.wps file you sent, I see these settings:
Code:
COMPRESSION_LIBS    = -L/glade/u/home/wrfhelp/UNGRIB_LIBRARIES/lib -ljasper -lpng -lz
COMPRESSION_INC     = -I/glade/u/home/wrfhelp/UNGRIB_LIBRARIES/include
which are the default settings. You need to modify those lines to point to the location of your grib2 libraries. For more information on installing the grib2 libraries and ensuring things are pointing to the correct place, see: https://www2.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/OnLineTutorial/compilation_tutorial.php#STEP2