Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

(RESOLVED) Not generating geogrid metgrid.exe

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

dimaman

Hello everyone, i was planning on updating for my new project to WRFCHEM v4, but its the first time i am having problems compiling WPS.
I am using option 17 Intel compiler (serial) and when i compiling i am getting only the ungrib.exe.
I am attaching configure.wps and a compile log file. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me!!
I have read a similar topic with the same problem but i didnt have any luck with the solutions proposed.
Thanks all in advance

Attachments

• configure.wps
    3.5 KB · Views: 68
  • log.log
    105.7 KB · Views: 65
Hi,
Did you happen to compile WRF with the shared memory option (either smpar or dm+sm)? If so, WPS is trying to link against the WRF I/O for shared memory and needs the OpenMP information. If that's the case, follow these steps for WPS:
1) ./clean -a
2) ./configure
3) Open the configure.wps file and look for the "WRF_LIB" line. At the end of that line add
Code:
-liomp5 -lpthread
4) save the configure.wps file and then recompile

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks a lot for your reply, that was the case. I am sorry for the delay, i was out of the office for a few days.

Solved!!