Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

(RESOLVED) Arguments of ‘iand’ have different kind type parameters at (1)function `_start':

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

ruecuil

Compiling with GCC 8.2.0 or 6.2.0, I get the following error, any ideas on what could be happening?

Code:
time mpif90 -f90=gfortran   -w -ffree-form -ffree-line-length-none -fconvert=big-endian -frecord-marker=4   -O2 -ftree-vectoriz
e -funroll-loops -w -ffree-form -ffree-line-length-none -fconvert=big-endian -frecord-marker=4   -O2 -ftree-vectorize -funroll-
loops -w -ffree-form -ffree-line-length-none -fconvert=big-endian -frecord-marker=4    -o test_io_idx test_io_idx.f -L. -lwrfio
_int
Diffwrf io_int will be built later on in this compile. No need to rerun compile.
if [ -f ../../frame/pack_utils.o -a -f ../../frame/clog.o ] ; then \
  time mpif90 -f90=gfortran   -w -ffree-form -ffree-line-length-none -fconvert=big-endian -frecord-marker=4   -O2 -ftree-vector
ize -funroll-loops -w -ffree-form -ffree-line-length-none -fconvert=big-endian -frecord-marker=4   -O2 -ftree-vectorize -funrol
l-loops -w -ffree-form -ffree-line-length-none -fconvert=big-endian -frecord-marker=4    -I../ioapi_share -o diffwrf diffwrf.f
\
	../../frame/pack_utils.o ../../frame/module_internal_header_util.o ../../frame/module_driver_constants.o ../../frame/mo
dule_machine.o ../../frame/module_wrf_error.o ../../frame/wrf_debug.o  libwrfio_int.a ; \
fi
/lib/../lib64/crt1.o: In function `_start':
(.text+0x24): undefined reference to `main'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Command exited with non-zero status 1
0.05user 0.07system 0:01.50elapsed 8%CPU (0avgtext+0avgdata 13164maxresident)k
139384inputs+56outputs (0major+10933minor)pagefaults 0swaps
make[3]: [makefile:85: test_io_idx] Error 1 (ignored)

Hi,
Can you attach your full log file (e.g. rsl.error.0000), along with your configure.wrf file? Thanks!

I've moved this to the WPS compile section, as this is specific to WPS (instead of WRF). The error message in your compile log is:
Code:
intmath.f:207:14:

207 |       if(iand(i,i-1)/=0) then
Error: Arguments of ‘iand’ have different kind type parameters at (1)
Take a look at this post - it addresses this problem: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=9367