Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

(RESOLVED) Error Compilling WPS

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

nos_1988

Hi, I failed to compile WPS in DMPAR configuration. I've installed successfully openmpi in usr/lib64/openmpi. But it can not be recognized when compiling WPS. Does Anyone help me?
Code:
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib64/openmpi/lib: file not recognized: Is a directory
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: [Makefile:13: geogrid.exe] Error 1 (ignored)

Attachments

• comp.txt
    89.9 KB · Views: 60
Hi,
Is there a reason why you need to install WPS with dmpar? We typically recommend compiling WPS serially, even if you installed WRF with dmpar. The only need for a distributed-memory WPS installation is if you are going to be using an extremely large domain (several thousands x several thousands of grid cells).

okay, I tried to compile in serial configuration. Yet, I still got the same problem like before. I attached my compile log. Do you have any idea to solve it?

Attachments

• comp_serial.txt
    89.9 KB · Views: 84
Hi,
Thanks for trying that. When you recompiled serially, did you first issue a 'clean -a' to clean the previous WPS compile? If not, try that first, then reconfigure for a serial build, then recompile. If you did that, will you please attach the following files? Thanks!
configure.wrf
wrf compile log
configure.wps

I got a solution to my problem. Actually, I installed MPICH in two places in root and home. When I inactivated mpich installed in root. then, I recompiled with serial configuration. I generated successfully geogrid, metgrid and ungrib. Thank you kwerner for your attention.

I'm so glad you were able to get past the problem. Thank you for updating the post!