Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

ungrib.exe not created

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

ran252

I have compiled WRF-ARW (v-3.9.1) successfully on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS. When I am compiling WPS, it creates geogrid.exe and metgrid.exe only but not getting ungrib.exe.

FYI, I have used the following command to install necessary libraries and compilers:
sudo apt-get install libjasper-dev libpng-dev zlib1g-dev libnetcdf-dev netcdf-bin build-essential mpich libmpich-dev gfortran ncl-ncarg libncarg-data libncarg-dev grads csh m4

Could you please give any suggestion for getting a solution? Please see the configure.wps and compile.log files in the attachment. Your cooperation will be highly appreciated.

Attachments

• compile.log
    116 KB · Views: 73
  • configure.wps
    3.5 KB · Views: 72
Hi,

The first error message in your log file is like below:
Code:
/bin/rm -f bacio.v1.3.o
gcc   "" -D_UNDERSCORE -DBYTESWAP -DLINUX -DIO_NETCDF -DBIT32 -DNO_SIGNAL     -c bacio.v1.3.c
gcc: error: : No such file or directory

Would you please double check whether the file bacio.v1.3.c exists in WPS/ungrib/src/ngl/w3/ ?

In addition, I wonder whether you can switch to newer version of WRF and WPS ? Version 3.9 is out of date.

If for some reason you need to stay with version 3.9, please take a look at this website,
https://www2.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/users/wps_files/wpsv3.9/known-prob-3.9.html
where you will be able to download the updated WPSv3.9 code (v3.9.0.1). Please try and let me know whether it works.