Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

WPS4.1 ungrib not compiling.. intmath.f file looks OK per #119

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

SPiltz

I was able to compile WRF3.8.1 and WPS3.8.1 on a RaspberryPi4 8GB ... 128 GB SD card... and it worked to the point of a metgrid error noting missing a surface data element...GFS change. So I understood that WPS4.1 would correct that an be backward compatible. (Only reason for 3.8.1 was that I had seen it succesfully run on a RaspberryPi.) I downloaded geog_high_res_mandatory to replace geo_complete to be compatible with 4.1. I could make the geogrid, but ungrib would not compile. My intmath.f file from 4.1 already has the changes noted in #119. Could this be related to the RaspberryPi (arm7) environment, or have I missed something (likely)? Attached is the compile.log from attempting to compile ungrib, and screen captures of my intmath.f file. Let me know what else I should provide. Thanks in advance... Steve (up to the glitch... RPI4 with 8GB of RAM was doing well. I have a second RPI4 8GB to make a small cluster. If this works out, I may add more RPIs).

Attachments

• ungrib_compile.log
    4.8 KB · Views: 40
  • intmath.f_1.PNG
    intmath.f_1.PNG
    8.1 KB · Views: 1,011
  • intmath.f_2.PNG
    intmath.f_2.PNG
    8.1 KB · Views: 1,011
The compilation error
gfortran -c -ffixed-form -O -fconvert=big-endian -frecord-marker=4 intmath.f
intmath.f:91:35:

if(iand(i,Z'FFFFFFFF00000000')/=0) then
Error: Integer too big for integer kind 8 at (1)
intmath.f:95:9:

endif
Error: Expecting END FUNCTION statement at (1)
looks like it's the same as the compilation error in this thread. I'd suggest we follow-up there.

(As a side note, it does help others who are searching for a specific error message if the error is quoted in a post, as the forum search functionality doesn't search through attachments. We probably should mention this on the forum guidelines page.)