Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

GEOGRID output erroneous (Landmask vaues 0,1 and -1)

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

gossaral

Hi,

I am running Geogrid to create the AMPS domain over Antarctica. Geogrid runs without any error and creates a geo_em.d01.nc file but instead of having a landmask with 0 and 1, I also have -1 values and some of the variables (but not all) are inexistant over part of Antarctica and the south of Africa, America and Australia are missing. Also, the mask has a very uncommon shape.

I am using WPS 4.1.1 with the defaut GEOGRID.TBL.ARW fron the polar version. I have all the static variables from the website (https://www2.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/users/download/get_sources_wps_geog.html)

I attach the geo_em.d01.nc , the logfile, the geogrid/GEOGRID.TBL.ARW and my namelist to this message.

I hope you can help me. Thanks!

Alex

Attachments

• namelist.wps
    1.5 KB · Views: 36
  • GEOGRID.TBL.ARW
    19.8 KB · Views: 37
  • geo_em.d01.nc
    14.3 MB · Views: 38
  • geogrid.log.txt
    10.8 KB · Views: 37
Hi,
I repeated your case using the geogrid settings in your namelist.wps. I also run WPSV4.1. The result looks correct. Please see the attached file.

Attachments

• ncview.LANDMASK.ps
    1.3 MB · Views: 36
I am not sure what is wrong in your case. Can you run with the standard WPSV4.1 and use its GEOGRID.TBL? I guess you use GEOGRID.TBL from a different version of WPS. The inconsistency between different versions sometimes may cause problems.