Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

geogrid.exe run Cant open GEOG data

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

YagniR

Hello,

I am using WRF 4.2.2 version and trying to run geogrid. Prompted error is as follows:

Parsed 29 entries in GEOGRID.TBL
Processing domain 1 of 3
ERROR: Could not open /home/rami2/WRFCHEM/GEOG/topo_gmted2010_30s/index
application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, 0) - process 0
[unset]: write_line error; fd=-1 buf=:cmd=abort exitcode=0
:
system msg for write_line failure : Bad file descriptor

I searched the error and found tht redownload the topo_gmted2010_30s data and rerun the geogrid solve the error..
I tried that but error remains the same..

How do i resolve ?

Regards,
Yagni

Attachments

• geogrid_error.JPG
    geogrid_error.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 768
  • geogrid_error.log
    6.3 KB · Views: 46
  • namelist.wps.rami1.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 45
I first would like to apologize for the long delay in response. I've been traveling for a few weeks and am just now catching up with forum inquiries. Thank you for your patience.

The first thing to check is that you have the path correct in your namelist, and that you indeed do have that index file in the correct location. Check with these commands:

Code:
cd /home/rami2/WRFCHEM/GEOG
If you don't get an error, your path should be correct and you should now be in that 'GEOG' directory. Then try
Code:
cd topo_gmted2010_30s
If you are in there without error, then issue
Code:
ls -ls index
You should get something similar to this, showing that the file is not size zero:
Code:
1 -r--r--r-- 1 wrfhelp ncar 299 Jan  7  2016 index

If all of that is correct, then you need to make sure you have permission to read/access the files in that location.