Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

(Resolved)Strange output after substitute the LAI12M dataset from a new one

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

Zhengzefeng

Hello, WRF team

The default LAI data is too old to use in my interest region, thus I use another LAI dataset to substitute the default one.

I created a new folder to store the new dataset and wrote the index file, and I changed the path of LAI12m in GEOGRID.TBL correctly, but when I check the LAI12M of the output files, the distribution of the data is abnormal. By the way, the resolution of the d03 is 3km and d04 is 1km and the resolution of the new data is 1km, too.
geo_em.d03.png
geo_em.d04.png

The LAI12M part in the GEOGRID.TBL is as below, and the index file is attached.
===============================
name=LAI12M
priority=1
dest_type=continuous
interp_option=modis_lai:average_gcell(4.0)+four_pt+average_4pt+average_16pt+search
interp_option= lowres:average_gcell(4.0)+four_pt+wt_average_4pt+wt_average_16pt+search
interp_option=default:average_gcell(4.0)+four_pt+average_4pt+average_16pt+search
z_dim_name=month
masked = water
fill_missing = 0.
rel_path=modis_lai:lai_modis_30s/
rel_path= lowres:lai_modis_10m/
rel_path=default:lai_2017_193/
flag_in_output=FLAG_LAI12M
===============================

I'm curious about what caused the problem and how to solve it, maybe the interpolation method?

Thanks,
Zefeng Zheng

Attachments

• index.txt
    312 bytes · Views: 33
The issue has been solved, that's not due to the interpolation method but the bad source data, I changed it to another one and the result is fine.