Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Error with modified global namelist.wps

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

alugulaboyaj

Dear all,

I wanted to run the WRF model for globally. When I used the default namelist.wps.global as a namelist.wps it is working properly. But when I am changing the namelist.wps for my requirements such as number of grids and resolution, it is not working, even unable to complete the geogrid.exe. I wanted to run the WRF model globally at 50 km resolution, please see attached namelist.wps.

I shall be grateful if you could someone can help me to resolve this issue.

I am thanking you in advance.

Attachments

• namelist.wps
    1.1 KB · Views: 78
@alugulaboyaj,
I apologize for the delay in response to this. It seems to have been overlooked. Are you still having problems or have you been able to move on? If you are still experiencing problems, please let me know the version of WPS you are using, and please send the geogrid.log file. Thanks!

Dear Kwerner,

Thank you very much for your kind response.

I have solved the namelist.wps issue, but I am getting some another error while running the wrf.exe.

Here is my new issue, I am running the WRF model version 3.9 for globally. I have successfully completed the real.exe but when I am running the wrf.exe, it shows the below following error. If you have any idea could you please give me some suggestion, also see attached my namelist.input file (namelist.input.global).

FATAL CALLED FROM FILE: <stdin> LINE: 2531
module_big_step_utilities_em.F: -DOPTIMIZE_CFL_TEST option does not support PROJ_CASSINI

Thanking you in advance

Attachments

• namelist.input
    4.9 KB · Views: 62
Hi,
I'm glad you were able to resolve the initial problem. Do you mind posting how you resolved it so that other users may benefit from the fix if they run across the same problem?

As for the other question, as this is no longer related to geogrid, or to this same problem, I've moved it to the wrf.exe section.