Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

undefined symbol: __libm_feature_flag

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

rohankumar29

kwerner said:
Thanks for sending those. Okay, it's likely that you need to set the ungrib libraries in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH. For example, if using csh:

setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH full_path_to_libraries/Build_WRF/LIBRARIES/grib2/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

and then ungrib should be able to locate the necessary libraries to run. Let me know if that works. Thanks!

Hi I am facing a similar problem. while executing ./ungrib.exe following error comes
symbol lookup error: ./ungrib.exe: undefined symbol: __libm_feature_flag

The compilation went well, and all the executables are produced. However, I don't have any folder called ungrib2 in my libraries. . It would be really helpful if you look into the problem. Thanks

Regards
rohan

Hi Rohan,
I've moved your inquiry to a new topic, as it's not the same as the errors the other users were getting. I've seen this error previously when libraries/compilers and/or paths were updated on the system. The first thing I would recommend is to simply recompile your WPS executables and see if that makes any difference. If not, try to follow these procedures to build WPS. If that still results in a failure, please send your compile log and configure.wps files. Thanks!