Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Fortran runtime error in file read_namelist.f90

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

adildilawar

Hi everyone,
I am running ungrib.exe and after execution run command i face an error

[cheml@login04 WPS]$ ./ungrib.exe
*** Starting program ungrib.exe ***
At line 124 of file read_namelist.f90 (unit = 10, file = 'namelist.wps')
Fortran runtime error: End of file
Kindly Guide me!
Thanks

Can you attach your 'namelist.wps' file? Line 124 in read_namelist.f90 is close to the point at which the ungrib program tries to open the 'namelist.wps' file. Can you verify that this file is in the directory where you're running ungrib.exe?

Dear mgduda,
Please find find below attached namelist.wps file.
I have checked namelist.wps file is in same directory.
See attach and suggest me solution.
Thanks for your kind attentions.

Regards,
Adil

Attachments

• Namelist.wps file.odt
    15.4 KB · Views: 100
It looks like the beginning of your namelist.wps file may be missing the opening "&share" line to designate the beginning of the share namelist group. Can you see whether your 'namelist.wps' file has the "&share" line at the beginning, or whether there may have been a copy-and-paste error into the .odt file?

I have checked it and i missed &share .
But after adding into namelist.wps, i faced this error
*** Starting program ungrib.exe ***
Start_date = 2006-01-01_00:00:00 , End_date = 2006-01-31_06:00:00
output format is WPS
Path to intermediate files is ./
ERROR: Grib2 file or date problem, stopping in edition_num.
Kindly, guide what to do with it.
Thanks

Attachments

• namelist.wps. doc.odt
    15.3 KB · Views: 72
Which GRIB files have you linked to your run directory as GRIBFILE.AAA, GRIBFILE.AAB, GRIBFILE.AAC, etc.? Can you send the output of 'ls -l' from your run directory (the '-l' is important, as it will show the targets of symbolic links).