Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Problem interpolating variables from CFSV2 data

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

xqu2019

I recently downloaded the global CFSV2 data (DS094.0). The wget script helped me download many files. Using three types of files (*pgrbh.grb2, *sfluxgrbf.grb2 and *splgrbf.grb2) and a vtable, which is set to Vtable.CFSR included in the WPS/ungrib directory, ungrid and metgrid went successfully. But upon examination, I found that some variables in met*nc files (PMSL, PSFC, RH, etc) are not correctly interpolated from the CFSV2 data. This is very strange, because I had gone through almost exactly same steps to successfully run a different case a few months ago. Have anyone encountered this problem recently? thanks.

Do you have a plot (or some other way) to show the differences in values for these variables between the original CFSV2 data and the met_em* values? Can you also let me know which version of WPS you are using? Thanks!