Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

(RESOLVED) Can I replace Relative Humidity with specific humidity in the ECMWF data?

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

sekluzia

Dear Collegues,

I am running the WRF model with the high resolution ECMWF Operational Model forcing data. The upper-air relative humidity (157 | 100 | * | | RH | % | Relative Humidity ) is missing in my dataset at some levels. Can I replace the relative humidity by the upper-air specific humidity (133 Q, mass of water vapour / mass of moist air)?

Artur

Attachments

• Vtable.ECMWF.txt
    3.4 KB · Views: 60
Arthur,
You need to replace all levels of RH by SPFH. WPS cannot handle RH in some levels and SPFH in other levels.

Thanks for your help! Can I kindly ask you to provide me the relevant record (row) for SPFH which I should add in my Vtable.ECMWF.txt file?

Best regards,
Artur