Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

(RESOLVED) ungrib issue: error loading shared libraries

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

edougherty

Hi there,

I am running the precompiled version of WRF v.4.1.4 on Cheyenne (in a bash environment) and I get the following issue while running ungrib:

Code:
./ungrib.exe: error while loading shared libraries: libimf.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

This was not an issue previously, but after packages were updated on Cheyenne, I am now stuck with this problem.

Could anyone please tell me how I fix this issue? Thanks!

Hi,
It's still working okay for me. I have seen that error in the past, though. This may sound odd, but have you tried exiting out of Cheyenne in your terminal window, and then logging back in? This seems to help when I see the error.

Thanks for checking. I still have the error when exiting out of Cheyenne and logging back in. I am wondering if it is something to do with the packages I have loaded in order to run WRF that were recently updated? These include the following:

ncarenv/1.3
intel/19.0.5
ncarcompilers/0.5.0
mpt/2.22

I figured out the issue–I had to load an old version of mpt (module load mpt/2.21) rather than using mpt/2.22 for ungrib to work. I'm not sure why this is an issue, but perhaps the newer version of mpt is incomptabile with the current version of wrf I am using or the other loaded modules.

Thanks!

I'm glad you were able to get past it, and thank you for posting the solution here. It could help someone in the future!