Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Vtable sst

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

fipoucat

I am trying to input SST in my simulation using OISST, but wonder which Vtable to use? I tried GFS and SST but ending with problems when running real.exe: looks the sst level is considered wrongly and stop with this error message:
p = 27.1495361 100000.000 97500.0000 95000.0000 92500.0000 90000.0000

Which other high res daily SST can you suggest?

ungrib setting:
&ungrib
out_format = 'WPS',
prefix = 'SST',
/

fipou

Hi,
There is a lot of uncertainty regarding the root of the error here.
1) Can you attach your full real.exe output error file (e.g., rsl.error.0000) so that I can take a look at the full error? Take a look at the home page of this forum for information on attaching files, if you aren't sure.

2) Can you attach your full namelist.wps file, along with the ungrib.log files for both your SST ungrib run, and your atmospheric data ungrib run, as well as your metgrid.log so that I can take a look?

3) Is the OISST data in gribbed format when you obtain it?

Thanks!