Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

(RESOLVED) Change output path to intermediate files

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

SMin_WRF

Hello,

Is there a namelist option to change the output path of the intermediate files produced from ungrib.exe?
There are options for geogrid (geog_data_path) and metgrid (opt_output_from_metgrid_path), and I was looking for something similar for ungrib.

*Apologies if the questions has been addressed before, I could not find related information in the forums.

Thank you

Unfortunately I don't see an option for that, but you may be able to either add some code to allow it to work, or to write a script that can move the files when they are produced.

Actually, you can just include path information in the 'prefix' namelist option for ungrib. For example:
Code:
&ungrib
 out_format = 'WPS',
 prefix = '/scratch/wrfhelp/intermediate/GFS',
/

mgduda said:
Actually, you can just include path information in the 'prefix' namelist option for ungrib. For example:
Code:
&ungrib
 out_format = 'WPS',
 prefix = '/scratch/wrfhelp/intermediate/GFS',
/

This is an elegant solution! Thank you