Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

how to change partial later boundary condition

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

johnsonlu

Hello,
I am trying to change partial later boundary condition like only change the tropospheric geopotential height at the western boundary in my simulated domain. However, I am confused what I should do? Do I need to change the corresponding fields at each step in wrfbdy_d01 file after running real.exe? Thanks in advanced!

John

After reading previous topics, to achieve this, I can run with specified lateral boundary conditions at western lateral boundaries, but open lateral boundary conditions at other lateral boundaries by changing the &bdy_control in namelist.input. Am I right?

John

John,
Yes, I believe that should work. You can do a quick test and if you're seeing problems, let us know. Thanks!