Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Convert Multiband Raster to WPS binary (RESOLVED)

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

robson_passos

Dear, I hope you are well.

I generated a raster (geotiff) file with 12 bands (each band is a month). This file has albedo data. I want to replace the default albedo data used by WPS with this new data that I generated. I researched a lot and found that GDAL has a limitation and it would not be possible to convert my Geotiff file to binary raster, as it has 12 bands. The write_geogrid.c program, as I understand it, would not be able to do this conversion either.

I would like to know what procedure should I do to get the conversion of my file.

Thank you in advance, and I apologize for not inserting any files or step by step of what I have done so far, as I have not achieved much progress.

Thanks a lot for the help. The suggestion made in this topic recommended by you worked for me, I converted each band in the Geotiff file to binary raster individually and then I applied the cat command to join the binaries into a single file.