Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Crop data outside US

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

udistr

Hi,

I would like to test WRF Noah-MP crop model in Israel. But after running geogrid, I found that all the crop-related variables are filled with missing values (as defined in GEOGRID.TBL.ARW.noahmp). I downloaded the optional static fields (crop, groundwater, soilgrids) and put them in the WPS_GEOG folder. I also linked GEOGRID.TBL to GEOGRID.TBL.ARW.noahmp.

Is there no crop data outside the US?

I attach my namelist.wps file.

View attachment namelist.wps

Thanks,
Udi

Udi,
I am sorry that we don't have crop data outside US. The crop module itself was developed for US and we didn't test it in other regions of the world. You need to produce the required input data. We do know that people have quite a few issues when using the crop module in the places, but these issues are seldom addressed because our expert who develops this module is too busy.