Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

How to convert 12 monthly green vegetation fraction data sets into a binary file

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

yujiaoyang

Hello!
I now have 12 months of vegetation coverage data in geotiff format. How do you integrate the 12 green vegetation fraction geotiff files into a single file to convert it into a binary file in geog static data? I can convert a single geotiff file into a two-dimensional binary file, but I do n’t know how to make 12 green vegetation fraction files with the month as the third dimension into a three-dimensional data. I look forward to your reply! Thank you very much!

Hello,

I have the same question. In the WRF manual in chapter 3, it says that each "sub-array is written contiguously to the binary file." From the index file for 12-month albedo, there is a z-dimension with 12 values. Is there a separate command in GDAL to do this?

Thanks,
Kyle

Hello,

I also want to combine the greenfrac binary files for each month into one file. I wonder has anyone figured this out?

Thanks,
Xinyue

Hi,

I also have the same question. I wonder if anyone has managed to convert the 12 months of albedo or LAI to the binary raster format that WPS uses.

Respectfully,
Robson