How to convert 12 monthly green vegetation fraction data sets into a binary file

Questions related to the use of new landuse, or geographical static data, or to modifications to the existing data
yujiaoyang

How to convert 12 monthly green vegetation fraction data sets into a binary file

Post by yujiaoyang » Sun May 17, 2020 3:00 pm

Hello!
I now have 12 months of vegetation coverage data in geotiff format. How do you integrate the 12 green vegetation fraction geotiff files into a single file to convert it into a binary file in geog static data? I can convert a single geotiff file into a two-dimensional binary file, but I do n’t know how to make 12 green vegetation fraction files with the month as the third dimension into a three-dimensional data. I look forward to your reply! Thank you very much!

kareed

Re: How to convert 12 monthly green vegetation fraction data sets into a binary file

Post by kareed » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:05 pm

Hello,

I have the same question. In the WRF manual in chapter 3, it says that each "sub-array is written contiguously to the binary file." From the index file for 12-month albedo, there is a z-dimension with 12 values. Is there a separate command in GDAL to do this?

Thanks,
Kyle

X_Huang

Re: How to convert 12 monthly green vegetation fraction data sets into a binary file

Post by X_Huang » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:45 pm

Hello,

I also want to combine the greenfrac binary files for each month into one file. I wonder has anyone figured this out?

Thanks,
Xinyue

robson_passos

Post by robson_passos » Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:44 pm

Hi,

I also have the same question. I wonder if anyone has managed to convert the 12 months of albedo or LAI to the binary raster format that WPS uses.

Respectfully,
Robson

kwerner

Post by kwerner » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:25 pm

Hi,
Take a look at the suggestions on this post to see if they're helpful for what you're trying to do.
NCAR/MMM

Return to “New/Modified Static Data”