Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

How to reclassify IGBP classification to Noah-modified 20-category IGBP-MODIS landuse

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

onepieceze

Hello, all!
I have downloaded the 2018 modis MCD12Q1 data which landuse are classified by IGBP classification. Now, I want to use this data to run WRF model, but Noah LSM of WRF use Noah-modified 20-category IGBP-MODIS landuse classification. This classification was modified by NCEP. NCEP has added new categories based on some other data sets, and has remapped certain categories to other indices. How can I reclassify IGBP classification to Noah-modified 20-category IGBP-MODIS landuse classification.

We don't have a strict rule to match land use types from different dataset. Please refer to the code module_sf_clm.F, in which MODIS, USGS and CLM landuse types are matched.