Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

where can the land cover data in the future can be obtained?

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

Hi everyone,
I'm planing to research the impact of future urban expansion on climate, but I don't know how to find the forecasts of future land cove. I've read some papers and got that some researchers used the urban expansion data generated by Seto et al. (2012), and the paper is as follow:

Global forecasts of urban expansion to 2030 and direct impacts on biodiversity and carbon pools. Proc Natl Acad Sci 109:16083–16088. doi:10.1073/pnas.1211658109

But I did not find the related data link from the paper, how did they get this data? Should I ask the author directly? Or do you know of other ways for obtaining relevant land cover type data?
Thank you!!

Hi,
Our NCAR WRF Support group has not done this before, so unfortunately we don't have any useful information, but I agree that contacting the author could be a good place to start. Perhaps they can point you in the right direction. If you do figure it out, would you mind posting again to let us know the answer, to potentially help other users in the future? Thanks, and good luck!