Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

Use WRFOUT data as Initialisation

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

WRFinOz

I would like to use the WRFOUT data as the initialization for metgrid. I've read that you can use UPP, however I am having many difficulties installing this, it says that it doesn't have the right rules.

Is there any other way to achieve the objective of using WRFOUT data for metgrid?

Many thanks.

Hi,
Unfortunately the only method I'm aware of is to use UPP. I see that you've already posted an inquiry in the UPP section. Someone from that group will respond to your inquiry soon hopefully. If you get to the middle of next week and still haven't gotten a response, let me know and I'll try to reach out to someone in that group to see if they can take a look at your post.