Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

how can I run multiple days using WPS

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

madhavhmk

Hi,

At present I am copying the GFS files (00h,06h,12h,18h) to DATA folder for each day and getting the met_em files.
Is there any way I can get multiple days in a single run using WPS? For eg., one week starting from march01 to MArch07 in a single run?

Thank you,
regards,
Madhav

Hi,
Yes, this is possible. Several of the models have forecast data available for many days out. The data are initialized at a particular day/time, but are applicable for a particular time in the future. For example, a file would look something like this:
gfs.0p25.2019010100.f015.grib2

This file was initiated Jan 1, 2019, at 00 UTC, and is applicable 15 hours from that. So you can grab all the forecast data for however many hours you need. From this page, for instance, the GFS 084.1 data is forecast data, available out to 384 hours from the initialization time.