Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

WRF V4.0 compilation error on Ubuntu 20.10

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

davdg000

Hi,

I previously tried to compile the WRF v4.0 model on Debian with no success. Now I try to do it in Ubuntu 20.10, I see that there is greater support for this model in this Linux distribution. However I still have an error in the compilation, the log file shows me the following error:

f95: error: /media/david/f76d1947-7e73-4866-bd07-3d4ed04d702d/davdg/ubuntu/Build_WRF/WRF/external/fftpack/fftpack5/libfftpack.a: No existe el archivo o el directorio
f95: error: /media/david/f76d1947-7e73-4866-bd07-3d4ed04d702d/davdg/ubuntu/Build_WRF/WRF/frame/module_internal_header_util.o: No existe el archivo o el directorio
Command exited with non-zero status 1
0.03user 0.02system 0:00.06elapsed 104%CPU (0avgtext+0avgdata 3400maxresident)k
0inputs+0outputs (0major+4855minor)pagefaults 0swaps
make[1]: [Makefile:33: em_real] Error 1 (no tiene efecto)

Some messages are in Spanish because I have the distribution configured in this language. The error says that the libfftpack.a file cannot be found in the WRF / external / fftpack build folder.

I attach the log and configuration file.

I really appreciate the support you provide in this forum.

Attachments

• configure.wrf
    20.2 KB · Views: 41
  • log.compile
    989 KB · Views: 34
The first error I see in the compile log is
Code:
wrf_io.f:1498:36:

1498 |   CALL ext_ncd_open_for_read_begin( DatasetName, Comm1, Comm2, SysDepInfo, DataHandle, Status )
Error: Dummy argument ‘datasetname’ with INTENT(IN) in variable definition context (actual argument to INTENT = OUT/INOUT) at (1)

Did you make any modifications to the WRF code, or is this pristine out-of-the-box WRF code?

As for your other post, do you still need help there, or are you moving to Ubuntu for now?