Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

How to switch compilers

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

richard_harvey

Hello,

I would like to try out the Intel ifort compiler to compile WRF with and wanted to know what are the steps needed to switch from gfortran to ifort and if there are otherwise any caveat to be wary of.

Thanks!
Richard H.

Richard,
In order to use an Intel compiler, you will need to have Intel built on your system, and you'll need to set your paths to locate it. If you already have it available, you will simply build the code, choosing the Intel option. If not, you'll need to first obtain an Intel license (which is not free of charge), and instructions for building it should be available on their site. I believe they also have a free option now, but I'm not exactly sure how it works. I'm sure their site has all the information you'll need.

Hello kwerner,

Thank you for your kind response. I evidently got sidetracked since I posted this early summer question...

Richard