Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

f951: Fatal Error: Reading module ‘wrf_esmf_timemod’ at line 1599 column 20: Unexpected EOF

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

cnraju89

Dear Support,

I have installed the libs using "https://www2.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/OnLineTutorial/compilation_tutorial.php#STEP2"
and I am trying to install WRFv4.3
I am getting the error "f951: Fatal Error: Reading module ‘wrf_esmf_timemod’ at line 1599 column 20: Unexpected EOF"
I have tried to solve it by export J="j -1"
Still, I am not able to solve the issue. Kindly help me to solve the error
I am attaching the configure.wrf and compilation log file for your reference

Operating System "Linux lab 5.4.0-71-generic #79~18.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Thu Mar 25 05:45:39 UTC 2021 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux"
Compiler Version GNU Fortran (Ubuntu 7.5.0-3ubuntu1~18.04) 7.5.0

With Regards
Nagaraju

Attachments

• configure.wrf
    20.4 KB · Views: 43
  • wrflog.txt
    612.3 KB · Views: 42
Hi,
The export J setting will not solve the issue, but will help us to see which error is printed first, which is usually the one causing the problem. You setting is slightly incorrect, though, so it still compiled with two processors. Can you do it again, and make sure to use "-j" instead of "-1"

./clean -a
export J="-j 1"
./configure
./compile em_real >& wrflog.txt

We expect it to fail again. At that time, please attach the new configure.wrf and wrflog.txt files. Thanks!

Dear Kwerner,
Thank you for your reply.
As per your suggestion, I have created the configure and logfile again

Thank you very much for your help

With Regards
Nagaraju

Attachments

• configure.wrf
    20.4 KB · Views: 41
  • wrflog1.txt
    750 KB · Views: 44
Hi Nagaraju,
Can you please send the file WRF/share/mediation_integrate.F so that I can take a look? Thanks!

Hi Nagaraju,
Were you ever able to solve this issue? If so, can you let me know the solution? Thanks!