Scheduled Downtime
On Friday 21 April 2023 @ 5pm MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online the morning of 24 April 2023 at the latest

(urgent) wrf fire ideal case

This post was from a previous version of the WRF&MPAS-A Support Forum. New replies have been disabled and if you have follow up questions related to this post, then please start a new thread from the forum home page.

I have compile WRF real case in the following directroy
/home/oem/WRF-4.2.1

Now I am trying to compile a idea fire case in the following directory
/home/oem/WRF-file/WRF-4.2.1

My environment variable
export DIR=/home/oem/BUILD_WRF/LIBRARIES
export CC=gcc
export CXX=g++
export FC=gfortran
export FCFLAGS=-m64
export F77=gfortran
export FFLAGS=-m64
export JASPERLIB=$DIR/grib2/lib
export JASPERINC=$DIR/grib2/include
export LDFLAGS=-L$DIR/grib2/lib
export CPPFLAGS=-I$DIR/grib2/include
export PATH=$DIR/netcdf/bin:$PATH
export NETCDF=$DIR/netcdf
export PATH=$DIR/mpich/bin:$PATH
export WRF_DIR=/home/oem/WRF-4.2.1
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$DIR/grib2/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

with this above environment my real cases are running fine. but while compiling ideal fire case in separate directory I got errors.
configure and log files are attached below.
Kindly provide me with some solutions.
Regards
Jayanti

Attachments

• log.compile
    223.1 KB · Views: 34
  • configure.wrf
    20.3 KB · Views: 32
Jayanti,
I apologize that this post got overlooked. I don't even have an email for this one, so I'm not sure what happened.

Are you still experiencing the problem? Did you recently build the em_real code, or did you build that a while back, and are now trying to build em_fire? If so, then it's possible some of the libraries have been updated on your system - newer versions, locations, etc. I would first check that the environment is still set up correctly by running through these tests.

If that doesn't help, then try to recompile the code with only a single processor (the default is 2).
Code:
./clean -a
./configure
./compile em_fire -j 1 >& log.compile
and when that fails, send the new compile log and configure.wrf file.

Sir,
I am still working on it. I have tested environment. It is all ok. I have removed WRF_DIR from environment set up.
and try to run as per your suggestion but I got error.
I have tried to compile in serial mode (32) with nest=0 (n_0) and 1
I have attached configure and log file for both cases. for nesting=0 file is name with n_0

Attachments

• logn_0.compile
    697.4 KB · Views: 22
  • configuren_0.wrf
    20.2 KB · Views: 24
  • log.compile
    602.4 KB · Views: 23
  • configure.wrf
    20.3 KB · Views: 23
Hi,
I'd first like to apologize again for the delay in response. Our team took a couple of weeks off for the holidays and are just now getting caught up again.

Can you try something>
1) Issue a ‘clean -a’, then reconfigure. Go into your configure.wrf file and look for this line:

FC = time $(DM_FC)

Try to just remove the ‘time’ part of that line. so that it reads

FC = $(DM_FC)

and then save the file. After that, recompile and see if there is any difference. Thanks!

P.S. - I removed your question about ARWpost since this section of the forum is not related to ARWpost. I also saw that you posted in the correct section for that, so we will attempt to help with that problem in that separate post.

I follow your suggestion but it still doesn't work.
Here below I have attached configure and compile file

kindly suggest.

Attachments

• configure.wrf
    20.2 KB · Views: 22
  • log.compile
    535 KB · Views: 20